Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution / Neutralizer – UltraCare® Formula
UltraCare® Formula with color indicator neutralizing tablets
A disinfecting, neutralizing and storage system for daily and extended wear soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses* in a chemical (not heat) lens care system. Included in the Oxysept® System is Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution/Neutralizer.
Use Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution/Neutralizer to disinfect, neutralize and store your soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses.
- Use Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution to destroy harmful microorganisms that may cause infections.
- Use Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablets to neutralize the Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution. Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablets are added at the beginning of the disinfection cycle so that disinfection and neutralization occur without any additional steps.
- Use the Oxysept® Cup to hold the lenses during disinfection, neutralization and storage.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (Reasons not to use)
If you are allergic to any ingredient in Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution/Neutralizer, do not use this system.
- KEEP Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution (HYDROGEN PEROXIDE) OUT OF THE EYES. The red tip is to remind you not to put this product in your eyes. ALWAYS USE AN Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablet WITH Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution TO NEUTRALIZE YOUR LENSES BEFORE APPLYING THEM TO YOUR EYES. If Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution accidentally comes in contact with the eyes, it may cause burning, stinging or redness. Immediately flush your eyes with water and remove the lenses. If burning or irritation continues, seek professional assistance.
- Do not crush the Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablet. If a crack occurs in the coating, the tablet may begin to neutralize the Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution before adequate disinfection occurs.
- The Oxysept® Cup is specially designed with a shortened lens holder to allow room for the Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablet at the bottom of the cup. The cap and left lens basket of the Oxysept® Cup are blue for identification of the correct cup. Use only this cup as other lens cases may not allow enough room for the tablet. Replace your Oxysept® Cup every six months or more frequently as recommended by your eye care practitioner.
- Keep Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution out of the reach of children. If accidentally swallowed, an upset stomach and vomiting may result. Seek immediate professional medical assistance or contact a poison control center.
PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT LENSES AND LENS CARE PRODUCTS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TO THE EYE. It is essential that you follow your eye care practitioner’s directions and all labeling instructions for proper use and care of your lenses and lens care products, including the lens case. EYE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING CORNEAL ULCERS, CAN DEVELOP RAPIDLY AND LEAD TO LOSS OF VISION. Daily wear lenses are not indicated for overnight wear and should not be worn while sleeping. Clinical studies have shown that the risk of serious adverse reactions is increased when these lenses are worn overnight. Extended wear lenses should be regularly removed for cleaning and disinfection or for disposal and replacement on the schedule prescribed by your eye care practitioner. Clinical studies have shown that there is an increased incidence of serious adverse reactions in extended wear contact lens users as compared to daily wear contact lens users. Studies have also shown that the risk of serious adverse reactions increases the longer extended wear lenses are worn before removal for cleaning and disinfection or for disposal and replacement.
Studies have also shown that smokers had a higher incidence of adverse reactions. It is recommended that contact lens wearers see their eye care practitioner twice each year, or if directed, more frequently.
To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of the Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution to any surface. Replace cap after using.
- Always wash, rinse and dry hands with a lint-free towel before handling lenses.
- Always clean, disinfect and neutralize your lenses each time they are removed.
- If the blister card appears damaged in any way, DO NOT USE any tablet from that card. Use a tablet from another card to neutralize the peroxide.
- Use only Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution/Neutralizer components; do not substitute.
- Never reuse solutions.
- Do not use tablets that appear to be broken or chipped.
- Always ensure that the tablet has fully dissolved and that bubbling has stopped before putting your lenses into your eyes. If the tablet has not dissolved fully, repeat the disinfection and neutralization stages.
- Do not take tablets internally.
- After reapplying your lenses, always empty the Oxysept® Cup, rinse with sterile saline solution, and allow to air dry.
- Store solutions and tablets at room temperature.
- Use before the expiration date marked on the bottle, blister card and cartons.
- Never use Oxysept® Disinfecting Solution or Oxysept® Neutralizing Tablets in a heat disinfection unit as these products are not designed for use with heat disinfection.
ADVERSE REACTIONS (Possible problems and what to do)
The following may occur:
- Eyes stinging, burning, or itching (irritation)
- Excessive watering (tearing) of the eyes
- Unusual eye secretions
- Redness of the eyes
- Reduced sharpness of vision (visual acuity)
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Dry eyes
If you notice any of the above symptoms, IMMEDIATELY remove and examine your lenses. If a lens appears to be damaged, do not reapply; consult your eye care practitioner. If the symptom stops and the lenses appear to be undamaged, follow the complete “Directions for Use”, below, before reapplying them. If the symptom continues, IMMEDIATELY remove your lenses, discontinue use of all lens care products that contact the eye, and consult your eye care practitioner.
If any of the above symptoms occur, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer, neovascularization, or iritis may be present. Seek immediate professional identification of the problem, and obtain treatment, if necessary, to avoid serious eye damage.
*NOTE: This product is not recommended for use with ILLUSIONS® (tefilcon) lenses. Use of this product may cause lens damage.