Lifestyle: Young Adult
No matter what your parents say, you know that being young today is different than it used to be. You and your friends have more choices than your parents did on almost everything – how to dress, what to eat, what to do with your free time, even how you stay in touch with each other. Those choices include how you care for your eyes and contact lenses.
Having dry, uncomfortable contact lenses really is a drag. RevitaLens OcuTec® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution can help keep your eyes comfortable, no matter what you like to do or how late you finish that term paper. Its advanced technology formula delivers brilliantly clean and clear contact lenses, conditions your lenses to maintain surface moisture, provides clearer vision, and provides 16+ hours end of day comfort. The OcuTec® Activity delivers effective cleaning and robust disinfection, removing protein and other deposits that commonly accumulate during lens wear. The result is a lens that is clean and more comfortable to wear all day, every day. So now you won’t have to worry that your lens won’t get you through the Homecoming dance – A Clean Lens is a Comfortable Lens!
Here are some recommended tips to make sure that your contact lenses can keep up with you.
- Never share your contact lenses with friends, as bacteria and infection may spread this way.
- Don’t share contact lens care products either. Your lenses may not be compatible with other solutions, or your friends may have solutions that are not designed to disinfect and lubricate your lenses. Keep a travel-size bottle of RevitaLens OcuTec® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution on hand so that you always have solution while on the go.
- Even after a long day, do not sleep with your contacts in, unless prescribed by your eye care professional.
- Always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Rub, rinse, and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them and always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mix-ups.
- Do not expose your lenses or lens case to tap water, bottled water, distilled water, lake water, or ocean water. For emergency situations, keep a travel-size bottle of RevitaLens OcuTec® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution on hand or at the office. Do not use saliva or put lenses in your mouth to rewet. Use a lubricating eye drop to help keep your eyes comfortable during long days, such as Blink Contacts® Lubricant Eye Drops
- Rinse your lens case after each use and allow to air dry. You should replace your contact lens case every one to three months to ensure that your contacts lenses stay clean.
- Always remove your contact lenses before swimming, showering or entering a hot tub, as the water can contain contaminants.
- Use water-based cosmetics while wearing your lenses to avoid leaving a film on your lenses. Insert your contacts before applying make-up, and take them out before removing it.
- Always apply aerosol hairsprays, cologne and deodorant before inserting your contacts.
- Did you know that you blink less while studying in front of the computer, which can leave your eyes dry and irritated? Remember to blink more often when you are in front of the computer, and give your eyes a break every 30 minutes to help them stay moist and comfortable.
- Having dry, red eyes is never normal. Always talk to your eye care professional about any eye irritation or discomfort.
For further information about eye health visit www.aoa.org, the official Web site of the American Optometric Association.
Maybe contact lenses are not for you. If you are over 21 and interested in Laser Vision Correction, the iLASIK® technology from Abbott Medical Optics Inc. (AMO) offers the broadest range of treatment available. For more information, click here.